The books below rejuvenate the spirit of adventure through your family. Adventure is often neglected in modern society, and it’s an adventure that can bring families closer together.
1. Make Your Adventures Come True: Here are 52 Ideas to Connect With Your Family Without Breaking the Bank
When you dreamed of having a family you pictured outings, adventures, laughing around the kitchen table. Learn how you can make them come true.
2. Give Your Kids the Gift of Family: Climb Up into Your Family Tree and Start Exploring its Limbs and Branches
This friendly organizer helps parents and their kids record the story of their family. Topics include family genealogy, children, relatives, pets, family gatherings, favorites, traits, and much more!
3. Moms and Dads Give Your Kids An Adventure They Won’t Forget: Your Kids just Don’t Read These Books, They Are Players
These books are different from other books you’ve read before. There are choices, adventures, and consequences ahead of you, and only YOU can decide what happens next. BEWARE…the wrong decision could end in disaster. But don’t despair, at any time YOU can go back to make another choice to change the path of your story.
4. Going on a Family Cruise: Don’t Lose the Memories. Record Your Cruise Adventure
What a great way to have a family conversation. What events did you enjoy the most? Compare notes. Record your celebration.
5. Family Fun Around Facts: Parents and Kids Discover the Beauty and Wonder of the World Together
A great book for curious and imaginative children and parents to explore the world together.
6. A 50 State Family Adventure: Explore the U.S.A. From Your Living Room
Just a few of the many adventure features:
- A welcome box with a short introduction to the state
- Key facts, including the capital; state bird, flower, and tree; and statehood order
- State icons celebrating the state’s people, places, and history
- Six inspiring people who have a connection to the state
- Region spotlight bubbles to allow you to discover more about one particular place
- A moment to remember box with a list of significant dates and their events in the state’s history
7. Learn By Doing: Here’s an Exciting Book Packed with Facts About Nature, Ideas for Outdoor Activities, and Fun-To-Do Crafts Projects
A great hands-on adventure book filled with color illustrations and diagrams that teach kids—
- How to recognize different kinds of insects and observe their activities
- How to identify different kinds of rocks
- How to read a topographic map
- How to construct a camper’s backpack
- How to tie sailors’ knots
- How to build a periscope . . . and much more
8. A Neighborhood Adventure: Explore The World in Your Backyard
Kids who take pleasure in crafts activities, and who enjoy the outdoors and nature will love this activity book. It’s packed with color illustrations, things to make and do, and ideas for outdoor activities. Instructions, tips, and information on some of the book’s many topics include—
- How to identify seasonal fruits, vegetables, and herbs
- How to take professional-looking photos and create good-looking photo albums
- How to make paper jewelry
- How to make herbal teas and delicious fruit desserts
9. Adventures in Space and Beyond: An Interactive Adventure Book in Which You Travel Between Galaxies and Planets
An interactive adventure beyond space and time. Decide your planet citizenship: Will you choose planet Kenda or planet Croyd to be your home? Do you peacefully join a group of aliens or fight them off? How should you thwart a curse placed upon you? What do you do in the face of dinosaurs? How can you work as an agent of intergalactic peace?
10. Parents Teach Your Kids: What to Do When Lost? How to Protect Yourself? Learn How to Obtain Help
Preparation is key. Getting lost is a scary experience. You may not know where you are or when someone will be able to find you again. You may worry about how long you will be out there, will you be able to safely sleep, how to find fresh food and water, and even how to stay protected in the wild. If you get lost and are not sure what to do, this guidebook has all the information to help you out.
11. Knots Can Be Our Best Friend: Learn Survival Roping Techniques for Survival Situations
The Useful Knots Book is a no-nonsense knot guide on how to tie the 25+ most practical rope knots. It comes with easy to follow instructions and pictures for tying each of the knots. It also has tips on when to best use each knot.
12. Through Your Imagination Everything is Possible: Create, Write, Brainstorm, Explore, and Invent
This is the everything-you-need guide to spark new ideas, experiments, and inspiration to unfold your imagination and get your writing to flow off the page!
13. Turn Every Walk into a Game of Detection: Read About 850 Tips to Turn a Walk Around the Block into an Adventure
The natural world is filled with clues that lead us on a great adventure. The roots of a tree indicate the sun’s direction; the Big Dipper tells the time; a passing butterfly hints at the weather; a sand dune reveals prevailing wind; the scent of cinnamon suggests altitude; a budding flower points south. Whether you’re walking in the country or city, along a coastline, or by night, this is the ultimate resource on what the land, sun, moon, stars, plants, animals, and clouds can reveal—if you only know where to look!
14. Finding Kindness Can Be An Adventure: Sometimes Animals Are Our Best Teachers
This story is about how big brother, Moose, shows kindness to his younger sister, Mika, by sharing. Two lovable puppies helping young children learn positive character traits! Moose and Mika are on a mission to spread a little happiness and love for the minds of young readers.
15. Rainbow Magic: The Magical Party Collection & The Magical Adventure Collection 42 Books Set Including 6 Series
Kids’ imagination will run wild as they explore a beautiful, magical world.
16. Kids Color Their Way Into a Magical Adventure: A Drawing Guide for Creating Beautiful Worlds and Wondrous Wildlife
With step-by-step exercises, create marvelous creatures and landscapes using only the pen or pencil in your hand and the wildest reaches of your imagination.
17. Just Open the Door and Step Outside: A fun, Hands-On Approach to Getting Involved in Nature
The Kids’ Outdoor Adventure Book includes 448 things to do in nature for kids of all ages–more than one activity for every single day of the year.
18. Adventure is Learning: A Great Resource for Planning and Doing Your Learning Adventure
Learn how and why a homeschooling mom decided to transform adventures into learning. The book includes lists of places to visit for large families, just teens, children in special circumstances and many more.
19. A Page-Turning Plot, With Twists and Turns: One of the Best Mystery Adventure Stories
A lost dog, a hidden time tunnel and a secret lake. A Travel adventure for children aged 8-11.
20. Lulu and Her Cousin Rocky Visit the City of Milwaukee: Nothing is More Fun Than a Big City Adventure
Visiting the city of Milwaukee. There are so many fun things to see and do, like canoeing, visiting a lighthouse, riding surrey-bikes, going to a fish fry, and even gearing up and burning rubber at the Harley-Davidson Museum!
21. A Book to Read Together With Your Kids: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. It is Among the First in Major American Literature
Required reading to understand the cultural history of America and to understand the context for how America has changed
22. A Family Conversation Around Contemporary Science Fiction: A Great Read Combined with Fantasy and Science, Told with Humor and Tall-Tale Flair
A fast-paced book on artificial and human intelligence filled with mystery, suspense, and adventure