Moms stand for great stuff. They love their kids, will do everything to make sure they are safe, and want them to reach their full potential. Moms are trusting and respectful — just don’t cross them when it comes to their kids!
So with the start of the 2020 Decade, Moms are encouraged to take a second and third look at what’s going on in their kid’s school. Here are five things to consider.
- Does your school emphasize teaching over learning?
- Are teachers and administrators aware of the latest brain research on how kids learn?
- Does your school emphasize a curriculum over your kid’s talents and interests?
- Is your school more concerned with your kid learning facts and information than learning how to learn?
- Are your kids being taught to be independent, self-reliant, and resilient?
NOTBROKEN believes our schools are stuck in an industrial model that treats kids like widgets. The education establishment — bureaucrats – politicians – consultants — is only concerned with outcomes as measured by standardized, national tests.
If we are to create great schools for our kids, we must first value the natural talents of our kids and use these gifts as a framework to build their learning environment.
NOTBROKEN is committed to this goal and will provide solid research and support to transform public education into a place where all kids have a great opportunity to create their own culture of success.
Write your comments below and be sure to include your email so NOTBROKEN can email you regular updates.